|Ingredients||- Serving: 8 People -|
|2 cups||Jagat Malai Rice|
|2 1/2 cups||water|
|1 cup||Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette (see recipe)|
|1/2 cup||diced red bell pepper|
|1/2 cup||diced yellow or green bell pepper|
|1 cup||diced red onion|
|1 cup||grated tomatoes|
|1/4 cup||fresh basil, slivered|
|Preparation||- Estimated cooking time: 60 minutes -|
- Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear. Drain thoroughly.
- Place the rice and water in a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring gently to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When the water is boiling rapidly, stop stirring, cover the pan with the lid and turn the heat down to low. Let cook, without lifting the lid, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, lift the lid to release the steam, and replace it immediately. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes and serve.
- Meanwhile, crush the garlic with the salt making a rough paste. Add the garlic paste to the Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette and let stand for at least 15 minutes to combine flavors.
- Add the vinaigrette to the cooled rice and toss with the vegetables.